Pitted barrels to hone or not to hone? The DoubleGun
Where's the pitting? If its inside the barrel then its not too much of a problem because that's replaceable, exterior pitting on the rest of the gun can be an issue. It really depends on how bad it is. If its for sale on gunbroker, then the seller probably has an inspection period, in which time you could take it to a gunsmith and have them look it over. That being said, $500 is a great price... 22/11/2010 · (personally, if the rifling was good I'd try to wrestle gun away from owner for a song and not "fix" the pitting so much as take steps to clean out pits and prevent them from getting worse.) As far as the blueing goes, I told him I overheard a conversation in a shop down there that (for pistols) the blue the gun and chuck it in a toaster oven.
pitted rifle refinishing question The Optics Talk Forums
4/09/2012 · The pits are there to stay. Try Bain & Davis in San Gabriel for refinish. They have a decent smith. The refinish will require polishing before refinish which will be detectable as more rounded edges.... 16/01/2010 · Back in the early part of the 1900's it was believed that a slightly pitted barrel would give you better patterns by slowing down the fiber wads used back then. He said it was quite common for new owners to try and speed the pitting process using different methods including peeing down their barrels. He also said the pitting in my barrels would not affect my shooting the gun using proper loads.
pitted shotgun bores Cast Boolits
12/11/2010 · i am fixing up a martini henry 450/577 carbine ( as a shooter ) it was a nepal cash rifle but cut down to carbine lenth with new wood butt and for-stock, british made not a gehandra or kyber pass copy..... it has numerous shallow pitting on barrel wich are visible, and at and under just under along stock, wich detracts from the look how to get to wai o tapu from rotorua 22/11/2010 · (personally, if the rifling was good I'd try to wrestle gun away from owner for a song and not "fix" the pitting so much as take steps to clean out pits and prevent them from getting worse.) As far as the blueing goes, I told him I overheard a conversation in a shop down there that (for pistols) the blue the gun and chuck it in a toaster oven.
How do I fix pitting/rust on 30-30? r/guns - reddit
Step by step instructions on how to repair pitted pot metal or zinc die cast parts. Classic car owners know that pits are prevalent on most antique autos, and typically this repair is difficult due to the low melting point of pot metal. how to fix your life after depression This means a section of the gun is pitted and a section is in good/fair condition. If you elect to sand down the pitted area of the weapon and re-coat it with some sort of …
How long can it take?
How to remove minor pitting on receiver? marlinowners.com
- @ Review Brass Furniture Pitting How To Fix Buy Now!
- How do I fix pitting/rust on 30-30? r/guns - reddit
- Pitting advice forums.gunboards.com
- Pitting advice forums.gunboards.com
How To Fix Pitting On A Gun
2/12/2018 · Exterior pitting IMO, the guns I've fixed for people were from being left in a leather holster with no oil, just thrown in a drawer or closet in an area that gets moisture. The gun rusts then pits. I have removed the rust, some pitted spots with Emory cloth, but if pitting is deep, either a lot of sanding and basically talking down the with of the barrel to match (a lot of work). Never used a
- 27/09/2011 · You'll end up spending at least as much to fix up that $150 gun as it would cost to buy a good one but the result will be inferior to a good original in every way. I could understand it if it was an old 1950 Target .44Spl that was good mechanically, because a good one in …
- 22/03/2014 · An isolated spot of pitting usually isn't too bad. Depending on the accuracy you're after it may not make any difference to you at all. Depending on the accuracy you're after it may not make any difference to you at all.
- They have some videos showing how to fix pitting in pot metal. It seems to run at a very low temp so it might be able to be used on gun parts without warping them. It seems to run at a very low temp so it might be able to be used on gun parts without warping them.
- 24/12/2003 · You said minor pitting... One of the most accurate guns I've got is an old Luger that was "rode hard and put away wet," probably during WWII. Some pitting in the barrel, but it sure hasn't hurt the way the gun performs.