Buick Best way to remove strut bolt? CarForum.net - Car
30/10/2010 · We decided to keep my Regal for my little brother, I'm replacing the strut mounts today. Driverside came off no problem, passenger side nuts came off fine but the bolts won't come off.... 10/03/2013 · rusty thread grip, and get a good tight grip..... Share this post. Link to post Share on other sites. Took ring nut off and removed the strut. I noticed strut made by KYB. Did BMW use KYB struts in 02's in 1976? Secondly, looking inside strut housing, noticed flat washer with flat rubber ring laying at the bottom of the housing. Should I leave them in or must remove? Of course it did not
VN Front strut removal and install Q's Just Commodores
Learn how to remove strut to knuckle mounting bolts with expert auto maintenance tips in this free car repair video clip. About the Author Nathan McCullough graduated from Nashville Auto-Diesel College with a Grade Point Average of 3.5 and received their craftsmanship award and honor seal.... I'm currently in the process of installing the prothane bushings, and I can't get the nut off the front strut rods. I got the castle nut and the bolt off the control arm, but the 22mm nut at the end of the strut …
Help...Frustrated! cannot get strut bolts off ? Nissan
Pop the hood and secure it. Apply penetrating oil to the 21 mm nut at the top of the strut. Use a 7 mm Allen wrench to secure the bolt and use your 21 socket and ratchet to remove the nut. pokemon white 2 how to get mamoswine 28/03/2018 · Remove the top hat and slide the old strut out of the spring. Take your new strut and slide the spring over it and line up the end of the spring in the perch. Put the top hat back on and install the nut using the vice grips and 14mm wrench.
Removing Strut Top Nut [Archive] Bimmerforums - The
You WILL damage the threads of the bolt; just try not to cause so much damage the nut won't come off. This is the only way besides cutting to remove a carriage bolt, which has a flat or a smooth dome head that can't be "locked on" with a socket or driver, or to otherwise remove a nut from a bolt when you can't get … how to find all the components of commvault servers Let me tell you what I did to get the nut off. With the spring compressed and in a vise I cut the top of the rubber mount with a sawsall to try and get a box wrench on the nut and hold the end of the rod with a vise grip. That didn’t work. Then I tried holding the shaft. With the vise grips between the spring but it kept turning. They I got a cutting wheel and just cut the shaft. The strut
How long can it take?
How to get the Gland Packing assembly off the Strut
- Nut off the top of the struts??? How to remove? Mustang
- Buick Best way to remove strut bolt? CarForum.net - Car
- How to get the top nut off the top of the front struts of
- Shocks & Springs Install Rob Robinette
How To Get The Nut Off A Strut
Free the damper from the strut by unfastening the large gland nut between its two telescopic sections. If you do not have a spanner that fits the nut, put it in the vice and turn the strut. If the nut is rusty, penetrating oil will help to free it.
- * Don't let the shaft of the strut turn while putting the nut back on - 2 wrenches just like when you took it off. * Torque the nut to 40-53 ft lbs Putting it all back together . Install the strut/spring assembly - Don't tighten the 3 top mounting nuts just yet! Leave it hang loose during the assembly process . Install the steering knuckle onto the strut - a bit of spray lube might help
- Remove the top nuts that secure the strut assembly to the frame mount inside the engine compartment. Do not remove the center nut. Do not remove the center nut. 7
- 12/12/2012 · i had the same problem with a nut that had fallen off from the left rear tail gate strut upper mount and was lost somewhere inside the rear fender area. I could see the bolt hole, that's all. Well I figured there must have been a nut on the inside because I hade a bolt on the outside. So first I found a nut that fitted the bolt. Then I went to a bolt store and got a similar nut pre-assembled
- Learn how to remove strut to knuckle mounting bolts with expert auto maintenance tips in this free car repair video clip. About the Author Nathan McCullough graduated from Nashville Auto-Diesel College with a Grade Point Average of 3.5 and received their craftsmanship award and honor seal.